Cakes & Chocolates
Cakes Candies & Chocolates
Time Taken - 15 mins
- 250 gms of Ragi Flour
- 3 Over-ripe Big bananas
- Chocolate sauce (check out our Homemade chocolate recipe here)
- Dry Coconut grated to flakes
- 2 spoons of Coconut oil OR Desi Ghee
Purpose of the Ingredients:
Coconut oil is a replacement for the traditionally used Desi Ghee in most laddoo recipes as we are trying to make a completely dairy-free sweet dish here. But you can opt for Ghee as well if you wish.
- Banana is the main sweetener in this dish and is also slimy enough to hold the shape together.
- Ragi powder can also be replaced by powdered biscuits or even bread crumbs (if you have enough). We basically need a dry powdered item that can turn the mushy banana to a clay-like consistency. We have chosen Ragi in order to get something healthy inside this recipe!
- Coconut flakes add a more coconutty flavor and make your presentation look fabulous!
Enjoy your Ragi-Banana Ladoos! They're healthy, dairy-free and even Gluten-free! Perfect start to a day.
- Roast the Ragi Flour on a pan with Coconut Oil OR Desi Ghee, till its slightly darker. Keep this flour aside in a bowl.
- Mash all the bananas in a bowl till its paste-like. Add the flour and keep mixing the paste till it turns to a dough-like texture. You should be able to pull it out like Clay and roll them into balls.
- Dip these Ragi-Banana laddoos in the Chocolate sauce. Click here for the recipe to chocolate, just don't freeze it & use it as the chocolate sauce. Lesser oil if it's your preference.
- Plate these laddoos and sprinkle coconut flakes on top for garnishing. Place them in the fridge for 2 hours. The chocolate hardens over the laddoos.
← Older Post
Newer Post →