Trying to get veggies in your family without it being a regular sabzi? Try creating a sweet dish out of it!
Total Time Taken - 20 mins
Serves - Up to 4 persons
Purpose of the ingredients:
Go Rustic's Desi Ghee brings in the traditional flavor of halwa and adds to the richness of the dish. The purity of the ghee can make all the difference in the taste of halwa and remind you of your grandmother's kitchen!
- Milk (or any plant-based nut milk) softens the beetroot and reduces the crunchy bitterness nature of the vegetable.
- Go Rustic's Brown Sugar for sweetness, So make sure to only add as much as you like. You can also reduce the quantity of sugar added since beetroot has its own sweetness.
- Almonds, Cashews, Raisins and Elaichi powder are added flavors that can be used for garnishing.
- Crush the dry fruits and Saute Almonds, Cashews, and Raisins in 1 spoon of ghee. Do this for 2-3 mins. Don't let them char. The raisins will swell up. Take out these dry fruits and keep them aside in a cup.
- Peel and grate all the beetroots finely. Add 3 spoons of ghee to the pan and add all the grated beetroot. Saute and let it sit for a while till it softens slightly.
- Now add 1 cup of milk (enough that all the beetroot is soaking in it) and stir occasionally. Add 1 cup of brown sugar and stir it all in.
- Do this for 10 mins or so. Close the Lid.
- Ensure you keep checking and stirring in between to make sure it doesn't get charred at the bottom. Add Elaichi powder in this process
- Once the halwa starts clumping and the ghee starts separating, your halwa is ready! Add all the dry fruits you had kept aside in the beginning. And let it cool down.
Your Beetroot Halwa is ready!
Newer Post →